Services & Help

When you contact my community office, my staff and I will do everything we can to assist. Your confidentiality is respected at all times.

To give you a better idea of how we can help, please review the following information.

What my Community Office can help you with:

  • Provide information on government services and contact information
  • Assist in understanding government policies and services
  • Help navigate government bureaucracy and ensure due process is being followed
  • Provide government documents, legislation discussion papers and other web-based forms
  • Assist in filling out, mailing, printing, or submitting various government forms
  • Look into and work towards resolving challenges with provincial ministries or agencies, as legislation allows
  • Share community feedback with the BC Legislature and relevant authorities
  • My community office is also happy to attend community events, accept practicum students and provide congratulatory and greeting messages on behalf of MLA D’Eith

We can help you if:

  • You are a resident of the Maple Ridge-Mission riding; and,
  • Your matter is with the provincial government.

Unfortunately, we cannot help you if:

  • You have or need to retain a lawyer to represent you pertaining to your case;
  • Your matter is pending before the courts.
  • The police are involved. We cannot make inquiries about police investigations. If you have a complaint about police conduct, please direct them to the Office of the Police Complaints Commissioner.

We are unable to:

  • Offer legal advice or assist with legal action
  • Overturn the decision of any provincial government ministry or body
  • Influence processes set up in law to be independent of the Legislature – such as the Ombudspersons Office or the Police Complaints Commissioner
  • Change the time limits for filing appeals
  • Take on casework that is federal or municipal in nature
  • Interfere with federal or municipal issues
  • Settle disputes between businesses or neighbours
  • Find constituents housing
  • Find constituents employment

Community Resources: