Residents are expected to move to the new building by summer 2022, at which point the Royal Crescent site will be shut down and the modular units removed. Once the Royal Crescent site is vacated, BC Housing will explore new affordable rental housing development options at Royal Crescent for seniors in the community. In the coming months, BC Housing will submit a rezoning application to the City of Maple Ridge for the seniors housing and will host community engagement sessions.
BC Housing will also host a series of virtual information sessions where community members can learn more about the new supportive homes at Fraser Street and 224th Street. Dates and registration will be shared in the next few weeks on BC Housing’s Let’s Talk Housing page: https://letstalkhousingbc.ca/maple-ridge-fraser-and-224th
The new supportive homes will support the safety of residents and the neighbourhood through:
- 24-7 staff on site;
- secure entry via fob access and a front desk to help better manage the people in the building;
- private and enclosed outdoor space for residents to gather as a community;
- a new amenity space; and
- a range of on-site supports and care.
- Budgets for both the new Fraser Street and 224th Street purpose-built supportive housing and new seniors housing at Royal Crescent will be determined over the coming months as designs are finalized.
- The new supportive housing building will provide residents with support services, including:
- daily meals;
- mentorship, skills-training programs, employment assistance and counselling;
- physical and mental health resources and assistance with medical appointments; and
- access to treatment and recovery services, including a nurse on site regularly to help residents access mental health or addiction treatment programs.
A map showing the location of all announced provincially funded housing projects in B.C. is available online: https://www.bchousing.org/homes-for-BC
To learn about the steps the Province is taking to tackle the housing crisis and deliver affordable homes for British Columbians, visit: https://workingforyou.gov.bc.ca/
Visit this site for original new release: New continuum of housing coming for people in Maple Ridge | BC Gov News